I became an ambassador for Coffee Cup Software before my page was even on the web. I help promote Coffee Cup Software and attempt to help people to make their web pages better. My page is still growing, and I am still learning myself....
If you don't like spinach or artichokes, you will still love this dip. The garlic mixed with the flavor of real Parmesan-Reggiano is amazing. It can be made in advance and cooked at the last minute - it also re-heats well. I came up with this version of the classic dip when I had a recent neighbor gathering and needed an appetizer. Serve this with good crackers or bread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese spread (sit out)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan-reggiano cheese (not shaky cheese)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (refrigerated type)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14 oz medium size) - drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (squeeze dry)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, mince garlic, basil, & garlic powder - set aside. Chop spinach very fine (almost minced) add to bowl. Chop artichokes and add to bowl. Mix all together, add mozzarella cheese and combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place mixture into lightly greased oven safe bowl or crock (the flatter the better). Bake in oven till slightly brown around the edges (about 25 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle a little extra Parmesan on top.
Note: When using frozen spinach in a recipe, you will need to remove as much water as possible. After rinsing and chopping, squeeze the spinach by hand until very little water emerges (just draining it in a colander will not work!)